Usman Institute of Technology, 2nd Floor, Image Processing lab.
(+92) 333 3333 3333
About Muhammad Wasim
Dr. Muhammad Wasim have more than 19 years of teaching and research experience in the field of Security Technologies, Digital Image Processing and Bio-Physics. he have his specialization in implementing Moiré Fringe Topography and Rasterstereography Techniques in Recognition and Security Technologies.
- PhD (Information Technology, 2014 )
[Hamdard University](Thesis submitted for External review)
- MS (Mobile Computing & Information System, 2006 – 2007 )
[Hamdard University](First Class First Position)
- M. Phil (Bio-Physics, 2003 – 2005)
[University of Karachi](Thesis Based)
- MCS (2001 – 2003)
[Hamdard University](First Division)
- M. Sc (Bio-Physics, 1993 – 1994)
[University of Karachi](First Division)
- I am working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Usman Institute of Technology (Hamdard University), Karachi, Pakistan.
- I am currently enrolled in PhD (Information Technology). My area of research is Image Processing and the title of thesis is “A Security System Employing Edge-Based Rasterstereography”.
- I have more than 19 years of teaching and research experience in the field of Security Technologies, Digital Image Processing and Bio-Physics. I have specialization in implementing Moiré Fringe Topography and Rasterstereography Techniques in Recognition and Security Technologies.
- My research work has appeared in well reputed academic journals. I have four journal publications and two conference papers in my account.
- I am also an author of a book titled “Rasterstereography Based Partial Face Recognition – A Novel Technique can be used as Identification-Based Security System”, which is published in Germany in August 2014. I am now working on my second book titled “Anthroimaging – Imaging Challenges of the Third Millennium” for Springer.
- I previously hold the degrees of MS (Mobile Computing & Information Systems) in 2006 with first class first position (Gold Medalist), M. Phil (Bio-Physics) from the University of Karachi, MCS in 2002 from Hamdard University with first division, M. Sc (Bio-Physics) in 1994 from the University of Karachi with first division.